- Why GPD is like GPA by NPR (Aired on 10/28/11; Length 4:16)
- Episode 522: The Invention of the ‘Economy’ by NPR Planety Money (Aired on 3/15/17; Duration: 17:17)
Development and Institutions:
- Episode 755: The Phone at The End of The World by NPR Planet Money (Aired on: 7/17/2017; Duration: 19:23)
- showcases the danger of protectionist policies in Argentina
- Episode 769: Speed Dating for Economists by NPR Planet Money (Aired on 5/5/17; Duration: 24:05)
- excellent discussion about the labor market for econ PhDs
- also great for students who are considering going into PhD programs.
- Episode 637: The Last Euro in Greece by NPR Planet Money (Aired on 7/8/2015; Duration: 13:38)
- Episode 753: Blockchain Gang by NPR Planet Money (Aired on 10/16/2019; Duration 22:00)
- discusses how people trade in prisons
- Episode 543: A World Without Banks by NPR Planet Money (Aired on 5/30/2014; Duration 13:59)
- Episode 659: How to Make $3 Trillion Disappear by NPR Planet Money (Aired on 10/23/2015; Duration: 15:25)
- When tariffs Hit Home by NPR Planet Money – The Indicator (Aired on 1/23/2019; Duration: 9:29)
- Tariffs and Tourists and Trade Wars, Oh My! by NPR Planet Money The Indicator Podcast (Aired on 9/26/2018; Duration: 9:34)
- Episode 833: Worst. Tariffs. Ever by NPR Planet Money (Aired on 3/30/2018; Duration: 21:06)
- Excellent review of the consequences of Smoot-Hawley tariff act of 1930.
- Episode 835: Tariffied by NPR Planet Money (Aired on 4/13/2018; Duration: 21:32)
- Did China Eat America’s Jobs? by Freakonomics Radio (Aired on 1/25/2017; Duration: 38:21)
- A more in-depth discussion about the consequences of trade and its benefits and costs.
- It includes a discussion about those that have been harmed by trade and policies that could be implemented to help them.
- Episode 731: How Venezuela Imploded? by NPR Planet Money (Aired on 10/21/2016; length: 19:00)